Digital Workflow: One of the Most Important Digital Printing Solutions of the Decade
Talk to ten different printers, and you’ll probably get ten different versions of the most important digital printing solutions that have emerged in the last ten years. For some, the development of the digital printing press itself represents a great leap forward in commercial printing, while others might view the emergence of variable data printing as the greatest thing to happen to mass printing since packaged paper.
But regardless of where you stand on which of the many digital printing solutions out there sits at the top of the list, nearly all high end print shops agree that workflow services are one of the most important digital printing solutions to hit the market in recent memory. Consider: by digital workflow, your organization gains the following benefits immediately:
- An ability to handle multiple file shapes, sizes, and formats, allowing for maximized flexibility in both the number of applications and the number of substrates supported.
- With faster speed of access to information, marketing messages can be streamlined and customized on a per-client basis; jobs that incorporate variable data printing at any significant level require a digital workflow solution.
- With the implementation of variable data, print shops open an entirely new series of markets that require more sophisticated and time-sensitive printing production.
- Digital workflow allows storage and recall of previous documentation in an electronic format, eliminating the need for physical space to house archived client materials.
- The faster turnaround enjoyed by shops that implement some form of digital workflow opens up the possibility of web-based client fulfillment, allowing a shop in New York to receive an order from a client in California and satisfy that order remotely.
- Last but not least, digital workflow systems are designed to minimize downtime, adhere to predetermined maintenance cycles, and handle more intense workloads by automating production and pumping out materials during normally idle periods.
For additional information on how a digital workflow system can improve your productivity, and to see why this technology represents the most important digital printing solutions of the new millennium, be sure to check out our free digital printing guide today!